HELP IT HURTS!

This is my first pregnancy and im not sure if this is normal and whats going on. im 31 wks now and i have been cramping super bad since last night. I could barley sleep because of it. It started in my back is just worked its way around my sides and into my lower abdomen.And there is pressure in my pelvic area. Is this suposed to be happening? Whats going on?

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 9:29 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call you OB it may be contractions. you might be going into pre term labor.
    Lucky120

Answer by Lucky120 at 9:33 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would suggest calling your OB right away. Sounds like it could be labor/contractions. But I'm no doctor.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:30 AM on May. 11, 2009

• It sounds like contractions but ya never know so just call your OB to be on the safe side.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• id call the dr just to make sure. but just to ease your mind when i was pregnant and about that far along if i ate pizza or spicy stuff id get like that, just didnt mix with my tummy. What did you eat for dinner?
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 9:40 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I had that happen last week and was told to go in because cramping could cause pre-term labor. I actually didn't end up going in, I just stayed off my feet for a couple of days and it got better. But the nurse did say to go in, so you might want to go ahead and call your ob.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:52 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Call your OB! When I had my first, I didn't have a single contraction until after I got to the hospital. I just had awful cramps that lasted all day long. I finally went to the hospital late that night, and I was dialated to four, fully effaced, and ready to pop!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 9:57 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Call your doctor.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:04 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Not to be the bearer of bad news but you need to call your OB RIGHT AWAY, my cousin had the same thing happen and didn't call the doc and go in soon enough and she lost the baby at 33 weeks. just call your OB and go into either his/her office RIGHT AWAY or go to the ER. my suggestion would be to go to the ER and have them call in your OB.... Hope everything is fine!!!!

~D~
    Powersbaby09

Answer by Powersbaby09 at 11:29 AM on May. 11, 2009