Should I take my son to the doctor before flying?

My son has had a cold and been really congested. He has also been tugging at his ears, but not really acting like he has an ear infection. I am not sure if I should try to get him into the doctor before we go. What would other Moms do? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Danda08

Asked by Danda08 at 9:36 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes, becasue he might have one just to be safe take him.
    Lucky120

Answer by Lucky120 at 9:40 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would, because if he has fluid in his ears, they could very easily get infected on the flight
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:41 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would take him. That happend to my cousin and she almost lost her hearing because there was fluid in her ears. It would be best just to be on the safe side.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would, not just because of the flight, but you don't want to get to where you're going only to have to take him to a doctor there.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:45 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes, especially if he's tugging at his ears. Ear infections can manifest differently every time so just be safe and take him in. Also, if he has an ear infection, the change in air pressure and altitude can be too much on him and make the pain in his ears worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on May. 11, 2009

• The pulling the ear thing is a red flag to me and I would take him in because if it is an ear infection he will be miserable on the flight and it may make things worse for him. I would take him in and have him checked.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:50 AM on May. 11, 2009