im going to start taking vitamin c... how many mg should i take

im 19, weight 165

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Health

• Honestly if you drink one glass of OJ a day that is suffient for one full day's supply. Anything more is really just over doing it and you will just pee it out. The body really uses very little Vitamin C at a time. You are better off eating citus fruits more often.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 9:40 AM on May. 11, 2009

• anywhere from 500-1500. I take 1500 a day, & I haven been sick in years. I also take probiotice too, & think the combination of both is what really keeps me sick free.

You can't really OD on vitamin C. If you take more than 8,000 mg, you may have runny poo. This means that your body can't hold anymore vitamin C. I have taken up to 10,000 mg when i felt a cold coming on. It will nip a cold in the bud if your willing to take 10,000 mg.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:40 AM on May. 11, 2009

• you won't pee it out, you'll poop it out. Vitamin C breaks down easily & absorbs easily unlike some other vitamins can. It's very good for your immune system to bulk up on vitamin C.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on May. 11, 2009

• how in the world did you take 10,000 mg?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on May. 11, 2009

• LOL! I took 500 mg every hour. It always gets rid of a cold if i feel one coming on. Most people tell me I'm crazy, but i havent been sick in years so, whatever works right?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:46 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I have read that bulking up on Vitamin C causes kidney stones. Was I misled? It was in a medical magazine, but they are always disagreeing.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 9:47 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I take 1000mgs twice a day. I take a 1000mg vitamin in the am and another 1000mg vitamin in the pm.

bookay

Answer by bookay at 9:49 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I probably depends on what kinds of vitamin C's you are taking. I only take whole food vitamins which means the vitamins are being derived ONLY from food products with the body breaks down MUCH better than taking artificial vitamins. I could see the possibility of artificial vitamin C making kidney stones.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:52 AM on May. 11, 2009

• OH YES!!! It also helps prevent wrinkles!!!!! Let me find you the article!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:53 AM on May. 11, 2009

• http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/vitcderiv.html
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:59 AM on May. 11, 2009