Any ideas on getting more energy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Health

• i recently started exercising and taking a multivitamin.
    I wake up in the morning an hour before the kids get up
    I fix a cup of coffee and go out and sit on my porch and drink my coffee and relax
    the kids get up I fix breakfast...toast, cereal or pancakes, orange juice, and I take a multivitamin.
    then i get the kids ready for a walk out in the neighborhood. but you have to keep up your pace. and break a sweat.

when my hubby gets home, i go walking by myself so i can get my speed up and my heart rate up..since i started doing that, i my energy has increased almost 75%.

good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:06 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Well you can all ways go for the old stand by and do lots of coke... If that is against your beliefs try not to drink anything with caffeine in it after 5 o'clock so you sleep a little better. Also a lot of people shower in the evening to save time in the morning. If you are one of those people try switching and keep the water luke warm. That tends to work well when I'm real sleepy in the am. Make sure you eat breakfast too. Also maybe some vitiams . (and red bull)

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 10:08 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Are you drinking enough water? Being even the teeniest bit dehydrated can leave you feeling droopy; you should be drinking at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day.
    Are you eating your fruits and veggies? You should be eating 7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Are you eating your whole grains? You should be eating 7 servings a day.
    Meat and dairy can also leave you feeling sluggish, so cut way back on these, or eliminate completely; eat lots of beans, lentils, tofu, etc.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or would like meal ideas.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:46 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It really depends on the reason for your lack of energy. Are you getting enough sleep? Are you getting enough exercise? Do you eat well? Are you under a lot of stress?

I was asking your same question to myself a few weeks ago when I discovered I had a simple health problem. Since the problem has been identified and I changed my diet to accommodate that problem I now have much more energy.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 9:49 PM on May. 12, 2009