Are side by side or front to back strollers better?

I have a soon to be 3 year old and a baby on the way. I love to walk in my neighborhood and am looking to buy a double stroller...not sure what kind to buy. i already have 3 single strollers, none of which i like. i am afraid to spend money on yet another stroller i'll hate. any suggestions?

bowiepainter

Asked by bowiepainter at 9:56 AM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've never used a side by side stroller, but from what I can tell there really wide and can't fit in doors easily. I would go with a front to back one.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:02 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I liked the back to front strollers, IMO they are easier to manuver then the side by side ones. If you don't want to get a double stoller, another alternative is a sit & stand.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:03 AM on May. 11, 2009

• The front to back ones are the best. The side by side sometimes cant fin through doors. They also have front to back ones where the back seat drops down and your kid can stand there. Its neat because its not always easy to get them to just sit there. Good luck and hope you find one you like.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:16 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I like the front to back ones, too. They are easier to maneuver and fit through doors.

I would also like to add for any parents on here who read this question and may be expecting twins. I once saw a front to back stroller for twins where the seats faced each other so the twins had face-to-face contact. There was plenty of room for them not to hit or kick each other, but I thought the idea of this concept was very nice and pleasing. The mom told me that the front seat can be repositioned into the forward facing position if she decided to do that in the future.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• OP ~ I forgot to add....I have seen front to back strollers where the back seat was higher than the front seat so that child had a view just like the child in the front seat does. I imagine the older child sits up front and the infant sits in the back (and higher) seat. Imagine the ability to tend to your infant without having to bend down too often!

Best wishes to you!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:02 PM on May. 11, 2009