Has anybody induced there labor with pressure points or anything like that??

I want to know did it help? It did it work? How long before you went into labor? And had the baby? Thank you if you have any advice for me !!!

Leilany1019

Asked by Leilany1019 at 9:57 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I did the pressure points on my feet for about a week before I went into labor. I would sit and rub my feet for an hour each night if not more all day long pushing on the main pressure points, I went mudding in our jeep and then did the pressure points about 3 times in a matter of a few hours and finally went into labor at 39 weeks and 1 day.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:59 AM on May. 11, 2009

• It only works if your body is ready and I even paid for a prenatal massage and everything at 37 weeks and 5 days and nothing happened, I was dilated and effaced and having contractions but nothing happened until 39 weeks.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:01 AM on May. 11, 2009

• wow...cause the pregnancy i think is getting to me because I'm 38 weeks and i cant sleep at night my legs hurt so bad ...just the though of still be prgnant and with the belly still there...I cant do somethings, and I love my kids dont get me wrong but I guess its getting to me or something and thats why i was wondering about the trigger points, I had heard about them but hadnt tryed it myself.
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 10:06 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I sat with my feet under my belly in a half assed indian style position and rocked back and forth to open my hips as well, it was hard but I would lean forward and rub. You go right at the arch of your foot, from the ball to the heal and apply gentle pressure. You will feel it when your doing it right as you should contract a little.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:08 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Well thank you for the advice !!!
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 10:10 AM on May. 11, 2009