Breastfeeding and want to cut the early morning feeding... Help.

My son is over a year now and we have started to slow down on the breastfeeding since he eats all solids and can now have cows milk. We are down to Early morning, nap feedings and bedtime. He sleeps in his bed all night until about 4 or 5 am and comes into ours, eats and sleeps until we get up. I want to cut out the early morning feeding but he isnt having it. I have tried to let him "cry it out" I have tried to let him snuggle with me in my bed and not feed him. But he only wants to nurse. Any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Put a pillow between you and offer him a cup. Tell him no and don't give in. If your blocking it and offering him something else he can either take it or go to sleep. Don't lay him close to you either. Lay him away from you if at all possible or leave him in his bed and offer him a cup instead and he if refuses then tell him its still bed time and leave the room.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:14 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Honest question here: WHY cut out the morning feed? This is a great way for you to both get a little more rest in the morning, some snuggle time, and he benefits from the best nutrition you have to offer....and you do not have to even get out of bed to provide any of this!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 11:00 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Give him a sippy of water, tell him that this is what healthy, big boys drink.
    http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 7:43 PM on May. 11, 2009