what will the judge ask me? what should i expect.

hey ladies im going to court tomorrow to file for full custudy and child support for my son what will the ask me some told me they are gonna ask what is the last time i had sex with my sons father is this true and why would they ask that....what else will they ask me so i can be prepared pleasssse let me know....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have never heard of them asking you about your sex life. They will ask when you were in contact with him last. Why you feel as though your a better parent, what you want his visitations to be, do you know about how much he makes and how much you feel you should receive in support. They may ask you how long ago you were with him so they have an idea of how long the separation has been in play.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:16 AM on May. 11, 2009

• The court only cares about what kind of parent you are and why you are filing for custody. The only time stuff like that comes up in court is if someone starts mud-slinging to make the other person look like a bad parent.
    ithi

Answer by ithi at 10:42 AM on May. 11, 2009

• If you don't have a lawyer, get one! If you can't afford one you may be able to get one through Legal Aid, and even if you can't get one, they are usually pretty good at steering you in the right direction. They of course can't give you legal advice because they are not your attorney, but they can give you advice and help you fill out paperwork.
    ithi

Answer by ithi at 10:44 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I doubt they will ask the last time you had sex with your ex. They may ask if you had sex with him in a specified period of time. They will ask for proof as to why you should have sole custody of the child. They may ask about the relationship that you had with your ex. Just stay calm and answer whatever questions that come up. It is relatively easy questions, though emotional. It shouldn't take more than an hour. GOOD LUCK!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:05 AM on May. 11, 2009