Powell or Limbaugh?? Who better represents the republican party ?

May 10 (Bloomberg) -- Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Republicans are better served by conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh than by former Secretary of State Colin Powell.

"My take on it was Colin had already left the party," Cheney said on CBS's "Face the Nation," noting that Republican Powell endorsed President Barack Obama, a Democrat, during the 2008 presidential campaign. "I assumed that that is some indication of his loyalty."

Cheney, 68, clashed with Powell, 72, a retired four-star general, over tactics in the war on terrorism during former President George W. Bush’s administration.

Asked if he would "take Rush Limbaugh over Colin Powell," Cheney said, "I would."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20090510/pl_bloomberg/auxi5chxssgw

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:13 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Between the two- I wouldnt want Limbaugh representing us. I find him tasteless and rude when trying to make his point, just like Ann Coulter. Both make good points, its just the way the come off to make them- I cant respect them for it.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:20 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Neither.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:23 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I cannot tell the difference between the Dems and Repubs. They both want to grow the government so big we all lose freedoms just in different ways. I think Republicans should got back to their old way of thinking. Libertarians are how Republicans used to be. Hard to believe they moved so far from it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 11, 2009

So what does that say about Dick Cheney? His sentiment is the reason people call Limbaugh the voice of the republican party. ......Colin Powell is a moderate republican who served this country, in uniform, for over 40 years. He has not changed his political stance on anything. I disagree with him on some things but I respect him. Why does it seem other republicans don't?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:42 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Why are democrats so interested in what is happening in a party they do not belong to? They didn't care what Cheney had to say when he was VP, but now his words are set in stone. Ha ha. Sweetakins, you sure like to stir the republican pot. I think there must be a big conservative deep inside you. Always here with a republican post.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Limbaugh to me is a radio personality a commentator, he is an entertainer so I don't think he represents the republican party, nor would I want him too. I also think Colin Powell should not as well, he backed President Obama and Obama is nothing near what a republican should stand for, his policies are far left to me, Republicans now are just like the other poster said want bigger government, if they ever want to get the white house back they will need to get back to smaller government, and quit trying to govern like the democrats, you really can't tell the difference in the two parties anymore.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 10:50 AM on May. 11, 2009

I don't hate republicans, just some of them! I think we need BOTH parties to end up somewhere in the middle. Also, I DID care what Cheney said when he was VP, the few times he actually spoke..and I think he is a tyrant! There are democrats I can't stand either, Pelosi is one of them! I don't want ANY  IDIOTS around government.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:03 AM on May. 11, 2009

Powell backed Obama because he was the better of the 2 candidates, Is he not aloud to have an independent thought? Agree or else?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:05 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Colin Powell is a little too moderate for what the conservative base needs. Limbaugh is a radio personality, not a politician. Besides, with his history it would be too easy for the media to slam him and the message he is trying to get across. While he speaks to the conservative base, he certainly doesn't represent every conservatives ideals. Sorry I didn't elaborate earlier on my choice of neither.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:13 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Colin Powell is a little too moderate for what the conservative base needs.(in your opinion) Limbaugh is a radio personality, not a politician.(which makes it even more disturbing that Cheney would say reoublicans are better served by Rush then by Powell) Besides, with his history it would be too easy for the media to slam him and the message he is trying to get across. While he speaks to the conservative base, he certainly doesn't represent every conservatives ideals.(I think he does, he represents constraint, something Cheney and Bish did not) Sorry I didn't elaborate earlier on my choice of neither.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:18 AM on May. 11, 2009