Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i dont think my step son safe with his mother and her boy friend what should i do?

his moms boy friend is beating him with a belt and he is 3 he will be 4 in october

Answer Question

Asked by stepmomofddsp at 10:15 AM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • Call the police and make a report and call CPS in your area and start an investigation. Take pictures when you have him of the bruises. If you pick him up and notice bruises then take him to the police station or call his case worker to take pictures.

    Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:17 AM on May. 11, 2009

  • call cps and have the boy removed from the abusive home. If you don't report it and help that child and they find out you knew about it you could be arrested yourself!

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:21 AM on May. 11, 2009

  • The others are right. Personally, I would call CPS anonymously so that they can't accuse you of making it up to get custody. Either way, you MUST do something.

    Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:26 AM on May. 11, 2009

  • yikes. I would contact local Child Services. Safety is of the most importance before something bad occurs.

    Answer by MissV. at 10:45 AM on May. 11, 2009

  • omg.... do what you know is right. 3 is just a baby. Get him out of that environment!! Do everything PPs said, and please do it soon!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on May. 11, 2009

  • Take pictures and call CPS. They will probably make mom kick the boyfriend out. If she doesn't you may have a shot at custody. They could simply make him take a parenting class. My step dad beat us with a belt daily. CPS did not take us away and place us with our bio dad. They sent our parents to parenting classes. We benefited from that and my step dad later became my adoptive father and was a fantastic parent after that. He was just doing what he was taught by my grandfather.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on May. 11, 2009

  • OMG!! You should have called the cops and CPS as soon as you found out. He is still a baby and should NOT be allowed to be subjected to this. Friends of mine had their child taken from them in church because of a suspicious bruise. This baby needs to be some place safe, and if you are with his father, more than likely the baby will be put in your care. After he has been checked out in good health. The mother is just as guilty. I'm sorry but this fires me up.

    Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:28 AM on May. 11, 2009

  • get that baby help NOW!!! I can not STAND that crap. There is NO REASON to EVER hit someone with a belt...especially a poor baby!! (and yes 3 is a baby still) Call CPS, the cops, social services, the church minister...whomever you need to call to get that poor child out of that situation. there are WAY to many sad sad stories that you read about DAILY that involve the boyfriend/girlfriend of the parent abusing, hurting and even killing the children.GET HIM OUT OF THERE NOW!

    Answer by mommyhedden at 11:38 AM on May. 11, 2009

  • CPS is an option,so is local pd, but honestly there is only so much any of these agencies can do.DOCUMENT AND PHOTO, DOCUMENT AND PHOTO! Is his mother that ignorant that she doesnt see this or doesnt care? She is to blame also! and his father, he can petition the courts and have visitation changed it is up to the parents who is and isnt allowed to discipline their children! I'm a stepmom who has called cps on his bio mom,(she pulled 2 teeth out ,he was 4)he was playing and bit her pants so she yanked them out of his mouth making 2 of his front teeth loose and then proceeded to hold him down and pull them out later that night! I seem to be the only one who thought that was wrong, any way the case was unfounded, he stuck up for his mom and I made the situation worse between her and I. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT for that little boy, Do everything in your power as a stepmom,I know its hard.

    Answer by Iryshmom at 11:43 AM on May. 11, 2009

  • Any slap on the butt that is more than with a cupped hand is called child abuse....What does the kids father think should be done? Is he involved in this matter? How did you find out that this happened to this child? Is there a witness? The boyfriend needs to be repremanded for what he has done.....Get all the information together and turn in that worthless piece of crap! UGH< this really gets to my heart!

    Answer by mirakoboy at 1:19 PM on May. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.