When i take my 3 month old dd out in the sun do i have to put sunscreen on her ?

Like a walk in the stroller ...

cindyodopson

Asked by cindyodopson at 10:18 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't put sunscreen on babies younger than 6 months. Just keep her covered and out of direct sun when you walk.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:21 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would....but I put sunscreen on my sun and I when we're going out....we're like freaky pale and burn easy.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:19 AM on May. 11, 2009

• You can if you think the sun is going to burn her. IF your using her canopy to keep the sun off of her she should be fine, if she is out for more than 30 minutes in mid day sun then yes, if its early in the morning or later in the evening she will be fine. We go for an hour long walk every night around 6 and we don't do sun block unless she is in the sun for an hour or more, and thats direct sun.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:20 AM on May. 11, 2009

• yes bradenismyson is right. your not supposed to put it on them under 6 months but my pediatrician said if you know your going to be outside for a long period of time in direct sunlight then go ahead.But keep a hat on and keep in as much shade as possible.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:24 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Sunscreen isn't approved as safe for babies under 6 months old. I know it's hard with summer here, but it's best to keep her out of direct sunlight as much as you can.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:25 AM on May. 11, 2009

• i go walking around 9 with my baby and it is already hot (FL). I just put him in a loose long sleeve sleeper. HE may get a little hot but he wont burn.
    aydens_mommy

Answer by aydens_mommy at 12:59 PM on May. 11, 2009