Does the father ever win?!!!

My stepdaughters mother has been basically emotionally, mentally, and sometimes physically abusing her since she wa born. She is only five is really mentally unstable and totally afraid of her mom. Yet we play everything by the book and call the proper agencies and nothing happens. I feel for the cjild and my husabnd. Our other children never get a moments piece because we are always dealing with this. Any suggestions on how else to handle the situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Sue the mother for sole custody. Your stepdaughter should be seen by a counselor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Take her to court and file for custody. Get an emergency custody order and get copies of any and all reports you made. Call CPS and have them investigate her, if you call they have to at least check it out no matter how many times you call. Get the police involved and make reports and document any bruises on her.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:26 AM on May. 11, 2009

• To answer you initial question YES the father's most certainly do win. It takes a long time and a lot of lawyer money, but they do. My mother and stepfather have sole custody of his children due to the abuse they were suffereing at the hands of their mother and stepfather. They also got her 2 children by the stepfather taken away too in the process (not purposely, but the abuse was happening to all of them). Take her to court for sole custody and talk with a lawyer. It took my mother and stepfather almost 3 years of going in and out of court to get things the way they are now. She was awarded supervised visitation, but she never showed up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 11, 2009

• sue for custody. Get out your calender book & start writing down EVERYTHING that happens that is negative to step daughter. If it is as bad as you say, it will not take long to gwt some good evidence against her that she is an unstable parent. Good luck! And yes, the father wins sometimes! As long as he can prove to the court that he is the stable parent in her life. the fact that he is married to you, & the fact that you love this child will help your case too.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:06 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Document everything and sue for Sole custody. Get an attorney and fight for the poor little girl.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:15 AM on May. 11, 2009

• You want my brutally honest answer?

Yes, the father wins, but only once the child has been broken beyond repair.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:57 PM on May. 11, 2009