Is it ok to put Disposable Diaper on for my one month old daughter in the night? How often do i need to change the diaper? Can i leave it on for 5 hours when she is sleeping?

The doc recommends only cloth nappies but i find she sleeps better when i put the diaper on.. Also the doc says should change nappy every two hours where as the diaper says upto 8 times.. Little confused...

sairao

Asked by sairao at 10:26 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Disposable diapers have absorbent materials in them that you do not need to change them as often. It pulls the urine away from their skin. Our daughter sleeps in them for 9 hours at a time and is fine. You can use them all day long and you change them every few hours or when the poop. I change my daughter ever 4 hours or so depending on how wet she is.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:29 AM on May. 11, 2009

• You can put them on her. Change them when they feel a little squishy in the front. That may be every two hours or every four, it just depends on how much she wets them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:33 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Usualy its fine for them to be sleeping in the dipers as long as when they wake up you change them right away so they dont get to wet. But i dont see a problem with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on May. 11, 2009

• yeah leave it on overnight my dd sleeps 12 hours a night and i rarely have to change her in the middle of the night. if it wets through the diaper then you would need to but for a 1 month old 5 hours should be no problem!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:34 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Unless there is some medical reason the doctor is recommending ONLY cloth diapers, I'd put a disposable on her at night. My boys slept 8 hours straight at 6, 8 or 14 weeks and had only one diaper that whole time....if it leaks through, go up a size.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:35 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Well that depends on why the doctor says only cloth? I would talk with the doctor about it. Here in the USA they don't usually care what kind of diapers you put on your kid and never mention it so it seems odd to me that the doctor said only cloth. If it is some kind of skin condition or somehting then you really need to talk with the doctor. Cloth do need changed every 2-3 hours with a newborn, but disposables do not even though they should be changed as soon as the child is wet most people don't.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:36 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I never used cloth diapers, so yea, disposable are fine, and both my kids were sleeping through the night at that age, so I never got up to change them
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:49 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I use disposables at night because my DD wets SO much. I had her padded up with practically a pillow on her butt and she still leaked. It was crazy! I completely understand your desire to use disposables at night. If she has a skin condition I would reccommend staying in the cloth. But if not, disposables at night would allow you both to sleep better. If she needs to be changed she will let you know.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 10:51 AM on May. 11, 2009

• is there a certain reason why the doctor is saying for cloth diapers? Cloth diapers probably are best for a baby but disposables are much more convenient. Disposables are much more absorbent compared to cloth diapers, reason why dr. says to change the cloth diapers so often.
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 10:51 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Leave it on till she wakes up.. no sine in waken her up to change it. she will be fine..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:53 AM on May. 11, 2009