Are drug teste usually pretty right?

The reason i ask is because i know 2 people who were recently fired from a job that they had just started before the place even opened. Anyways they said they took there drug test and it came back positive. They both swear it is a mistake and that they would have taken another one right there but they didn' tlet them. Now one of them it really didn't surprise me . She has been known to do drugs but the other one really shocked me. I really think hers may have been a mistake i just can't see her doing anything like that but you never know. ANywas i have never even taken on so i was wandering how accurate they are.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My sister had 2 false positives. Certain meds can actually cause false positives. Phenergan can give a false positive for meth. I would really go get a blood drug test.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 10:29 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Drug tests don't lie - they are extremely accurate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on May. 11, 2009

• No they are not. My sis was sent to girl school over the false positive. They ended up doing a blood test and it proved it was a false positive and she was released.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 10:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• yes, certain meds can make a false positive. Also, marijuana can stay in your systam for up to 50 days. some people believe it is 30, but the FDA is now changing that. Certain body types can hold onto the THC longer. So, maybe they smoked a joint a while back & forgot.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:43 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would have requested a blood test and a face-to-face counsel with a physician. The physician can go over the person's medications and write out a report and a blood test can confirm the presence of drugs that can be determined by the physician which are medication related and which are not.
    All employers should never rely on urine drug tests alone.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:51 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I agree w/ samurai. Also your body can actually produce too much THC and cause you to come out positive.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 11:04 AM on May. 11, 2009