i know no one on here is a doc but i really need advice?

My 10m old DD woke up SCREAMING last night, it was every 2 hours allll night long im talking inconsolable screaming, flailing and couldnt calm down. I though maybe she was having a night terror. So i woke up this morning, went to school and DF called me he was crying because he couldnt console her so i ran to my first class told my teacher what was going on did my presentation and came right home. He said in the mean time he changed her diaper and her vagina was really red and rashy so i called the dr. They are seeing her in about an hour but said diaper rash shouldnt do that to her. Does anyone know what this could possibly be?? I told my mom about it this morning since we ride to town together for work/school and she said DD was pulling her ear yesterday but i never saw it? No fever, no change in appetite just sheer misery for my peanut

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 10:27 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be a UTI, BLADDER or Yeast infection along with the rash. If it is open at all her peeing on it will cause it to burn and if she has an infection that will cause it to burn as well while its coming out. So it could be the rash or an infection inside her. She could be constipated as well although she is pooping. Good luck
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I hope everything is ok. Im sry but i have no idea what it could be. Good luck and let us all know if she is ok and what happend.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• maybe its stomach ache? what ever it is i hope she gets better.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 10:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Poor baby! I don't know what it could be but I hope it's nothing serious.

Keep us posted if you don't mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on May. 11, 2009

• My son had a yeast infection last year and he screamed and screamed like that. We thought it was just a diaper rash at first. Maybe that's what's wrong with her. She might also have an ear infection or something too. It seems like great things always come in pairs. Just make sure you tell your doctor all of the symptoms. And try giving her an oatmeal bath until the dr appt, it will help sooth the pain for a while and maybe get her to stop screaming.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:35 AM on May. 11, 2009

• It sounds like what a lot of people call 'thrush'. It's basically a yeast infection that can start in the mouth and work it's way down, or it can just appear on their little butt. Check for white spots on the inside of her cheeks or on her gums. If it starts in the mouth, it can follow the entire digestive tract, causing pain and burning all the way through. If that's what it is, Nystatin should fix it up pretty quickly. Hope she feels better soon!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 10:40 AM on May. 11, 2009