I have a 3 year old and 9 month old,some one needs a new seat...

My 9 month old is too long for his pumpkin seat so I was going to move him to my older sons convertable (means he will be rear facing) car seat or I could buy him his own.One way or another I gotta buy a car seat.I could move my 3 year old to a backless booseter that says 30lbs plus-but I cant find height requirment and the drs office made it very clear he must meet height requirment too.

So do I move my 3yr old to a backless booster,which Id like because then in the long run i dont have to buy as many seats and it doesnt take up as much room OR

Do I purchase a second convertable car seat?

Chrystal_A

Asked by Chrystal_A at 10:38 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Here is a direct webpage where you can get the information needed. For Missouri it is 7 years 80lbs and 57 inches. Now you have been shown. Hope this helps. Every state has their own laws on this.

http://www.elitecarseats.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=car_seat_laws
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 4:00 AM on May. 12, 2009

• they have the booster seats with the back that detaches.so when your child does meet height requirment then you can take the back off.that what i did for my three year old .
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 10:44 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would get the older child the booster with the back and 5 point harness and move the younger into the convertible. That is what we did when we needed to move #2 into the convertible. I would keep the older one in a 5 point harness for a little while longer so the boosters that have the detachable backs are out I beleive. They do make the forward facing only seats though with a 5 point harness that can later be used as a belt positioning booster and then you would eventually go to the regular booster with no back.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:52 AM on May. 11, 2009

• they make boosters where the back comes off when there big enough. thats what we did.
    amandap1705

Answer by amandap1705 at 10:58 AM on May. 11, 2009

i have one like that for my dd too, they have them at target & walmart :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:32 AM on May. 11, 2009

• My 3 yr old is 38 inches ,pretty tall for his age but I dont know what the requirment is for the backless booster.I am looking for the detable back boosters now,thanks
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 11:33 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Um, your three year old is not developed enough for a booster. They should not be in a booster until 5-6yrs/65lbs. Put your youngest in the convertable. And get your oldest a Graco Nautilus. Kinda Pricey but well worth it. The Nautilus will harness and keep your baby safest up until 65lbs. Then at 65lbs. it turns into a booster and will booster until 100 lbs. But I cannot stress enough that your oldest will not be safe in just a booster, he needs to be harnessed.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:09 PM on May. 11, 2009

• get a new 5pt harness for the older one that will last him longer!! Do not put him in a booster he is too young!!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:20 PM on May. 11, 2009

• the law is 4 years old and 40 pounds for a booster, even if the box says otherwise. and that is the bare minimum. most kids are not ready to be in a booster until they are 5 or 6. they need to be able to sit still and not put the shoudler strap behind them. a 5 point harness will keep him safest. hope that helps.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:14 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Ya know its kinda odd because I ASKED my doctor about it I would of thought he would of told me if a 3 yr old wasnt allowed in a booster.I did find some with removable backs and I think thats what Im going to do.
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 5:14 PM on May. 11, 2009