Am I wrong

My stepson(13) forgot his school ID for the millionth time today. He has 7 of the things in his drawer here. But he always forgets one. He has charged 4 at the school without telling us so the school won't let him charge again. I am tired of dropping everything to bring one to him. This is the 4th time this month. He will have ISS(in school suspension) without one. I am of the opinion and his father agrees that he needs to learn to be responsible and do the things he is suppose to. He is very immature and is always forgetting everything. My stepson said I am a B****. I think he needs to pay the consequences for once. I am just wanting an opinion no bashing. PLEASE!

Katie911

Asked by Katie911 at 10:44 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• hi there .i agree with you mom , i have three teenage sons and there comes a time that they need to take the responibility for themselfs. if you keep droping it off for him he will never learn, then as a adult he will expect his wife to cater to his every need. he is old enough to deal with the consquenses now. good luck. and keep doing a great job.
    momma6er

Answer by momma6er at 10:57 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Kids learn the hard way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Make him learn the hard way.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:46 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I think he does too, does he think when he's 30 you'll come and bring him his drivers licence because he forgot it.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 10:47 AM on May. 11, 2009

• i think you need to let him pay the consequience.you can't always help it out.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 10:48 AM on May. 11, 2009

• My son would know by that time to just go on to ISS, because he would already know I wasn't coming with his ID. Maybe once, but, never four times. And he for sure wouldn't have charged it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:49 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Let him suffer the consequences each and every time he forgets. He is old enough to have that resonsibility of getting his own stuff ready for school.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 10:51 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Maybe put a note up on the door before he walks out that says "DON'T FORGET YOU ID PASS!!!" This is what i would do for my daughter. School is becoming a lot for kids to handle, I would not be surprised if DD forgot at least one thing everyday. Be a lil more compassionate, he is most likely not doing it on purpose, & most likely your sounding like a sour pussy cat to him. Ask yourself what you would do in the situation if it was YOUR son who sincerely forgot something every day. What would you do then, would you lallow him to suffer the consequence? Or would you be his mother & try to help remind him?

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:53 AM on May. 11, 2009

• If he has a locker, tell him to keep it in his locker at the end of the day. That is what my son does. I won't replace his ID anymore, I already did twice this year and that is my limit. Let him suffer the consequences of forgetting or losing his ID. I bet he won't forget after getting ISS. I would also make him pay for all the ID's that you replaced.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 AM on May. 11, 2009