How do you feel about fake "wedding" jewelry?

I have come to find that I like more of the fake wedding sets than the real...by fake I mean the stones. They are so pretty and so much more practical to me. I was just wondering how everyone else felt about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I prefer the real thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I think they're pretty to, but I wouldn't wear one. I'll stick with my real set.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 10:55 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Hubby and i have fake ones. Not by choice, but thats all we could afford. We are completly happy with them. So what if they didnt cost 2000 they cost 100$ total. They dont turn our fingers green. And they simble that we are together forever. :D
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 10:56 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I have a real set I love, but if my husband bought me a fake set AND told me.. I would have been okay with it. I think.. :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:56 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Who cares if they are real or fake, they are pretty and you like them, that's all that's important
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:58 AM on May. 11, 2009

• What's it matter? I don't even have an engagement ring. We had a really short engagement (about 6 weeks), so it seemed like a waste of money (and no I wasn't pregnant, lol). We have wedding bands and they cost about $200 together. We've been married 12 years, have the same bands and are still happy with them. I say if you're happy, then you're happy.
    misselphaba

Answer by misselphaba at 11:40 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe you can't afford the real thing, maybe you'd rather spend you money another way...whatever, thier YOUR rings! No, one has to know, it's no ones business. I'd recommend, if you, can getting real gold only because I think it's lasts longer and stands up better to everyday wear but, that's just been my experience. Good luck & enjoy!

jewelry

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:59 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I agree with BubbaLuva. It's your rings & chances are no one will know unless you tell them, so who cares what they think! I have a VERY nice "real" wedding ring - the diamond is larger than I would have chosen myself. It's beautiful, and though it's not what I would have chosen I am very sentimental & will keep it forever because it is my ring - the diamond my hubby chose for my engagement ring (which was a plain gold band) & then I chose an antique-looking band to have it mounted in before my wedding. The funny thing is, when I got pregnant with my 2nd daughter & outgrew my wedding ring, I bought a sterling silver band at a jewelry show. It is simple but pretty with engraving on it of flowers & vines, & I think it cost me all of $10. Guess what? My baby is 7 months old now & I'm still wearing my simple, cheap silver band except on special occasions (& I get compliments on my cheapy one!) Do what makes you happy! :)
    Anonymous

• We have real ones but I wouldn't have cared if it was fake or not.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:55 PM on May. 11, 2009

• JMHO< If a man proposes with a fake ring or without a ring, I would say NO.
    A man who is old enough and responsible enough to ask a woman to marry and be capable of supporting her should have the foresight to put some money away for a real ring when he proposes. If it were me, I would not accept a fake ring or a situation where there was no ring either. It doesn't have to be expensive, but it should be real gold, or real diamonds or whatever stone you like, like emeralds or topaz or whatever.
    The second wife always gets the real stuff anyway, don't settle for something less the first time around you're better than that.
    Anonymous