Has anyone ever used a Moby wrap? Is it better than a sling?

I have seen a few moms with the moby wrap- but I have only seen them use it once or twice- the slings just look easier- is it hard to use the moby? There seem to be so many things you can do with it...

jessicasea

Asked by jessicasea at 10:57 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My sister used a Moby with my niece. They both loved it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I love my Moby so much! There is a bit of a learning curve to putting it on but honestly, I had more trouble getting a sling on properly than the moby. Other thing, if you're prone to neck or back pain, a sling can aggrevate that pretty badly. Because of the way Moby wraps across your back and front, it distributes baby's weight very evenly. You can use the wrap until baby is quite large as well - I used mine regularly until my son was 25 pounds. I've only quit because I'm pregnant again. :-) My son loved being in the wrap and usually fell asleep within a few minutes of being put in.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:35 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I loved my sling and my moby for different reasons. The sling is easier for quick trips, but if it is a long period that you will be carrying LO then the moby was great. Also the sling wasn't too good until they were about 2-3 months old and the wrap was good from birth. Personally after they hit about 20 lbs I used a non stretchy wrap (moby is stretchy) or Mei Tai for longer carries and sling for quick trips.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:43 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I Love my moby!! I'm tiny, 5ft 100lbs so its hard for me to carry around a 20lb kid! But I put my son in the Moby and it's not hard at all. He loves it. I started out carrying him facing in when he was a baby, it would put him right to sleep. I would lay him down in it and he would sleep and nurse. Then when he got bigger I started carrying him facing out, unless I knew he was tired, then I will face him in, cause he sleeps in it a lot. I haven't tried the hip or back holds yet, the back hold freaks me out and usually when I'm wearing him I'm alone so I don't want to try it alone!! I think my profile picture shows in son in the Moby, but its all scrunched up, I had JUST got him in it and DH wanted a picture lol I fixed it right afterward.
    Anyway, I'm totally babbling. I love it. I have a 3 yr old and we only have 1 stroller so I can wear him in the wrap and put her in the stroller if she gets tired or if he wants up.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 11:44 AM on May. 11, 2009

• i loved mine and my son has always been very big and being only 4 foot 11 inches it was much easier to carry him in that while out then lugging around the stroller. I have a 3 and half year old too so it was easier to to the moby and have her walk or at the playground or we used it everytime we went to this indoor playgorund we go to. He slept the whole time while she played it was awsome and i didnt feel any of it on my back. mostly in my feet whihc was fine. LOVED it and recommend it to anyone.OO also it was super easy to use and when i got it i even put my 2 and half year old (at the time) in it cuz she was only 28 lbs. lol she even loved it. The moby is better then a sling because u can do soo many more holds then just a layind hold. U can evenuse it as a backpack carrier or hip carrier
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 7:19 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I used a Maya Wrap and I didn't care for it because I was too short and my boys were huge and it was difficult to use. I loved my Snugli backpack the best.
    Crystal2451

Answer by Crystal2451 at 11:43 PM on May. 11, 2009