Do you think this is tacky?

Do you think it's tacky to give an engagement ring to someone when it was for someone else?
(meaning it was bought for someone they break up, then guy meets someone else and uses it to propose to that person?)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, that's some bad luck right there too. Trade that sucker in!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:10 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Hell yeah that is tacky!!! Especially if the girl knew that is was meant for someone else.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:10 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes, it's very tacky!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't ware it
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:17 AM on May. 11, 2009

• It depends on if you do. If it is a beautiful ring and you love it maybe it was just waiting for YOU!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:19 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Bad Ju Ju!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on May. 11, 2009

• No. The marriage and love in a relationship is most important. Any woman who would freak out over a ring is not ready for marriage.
    Anonymous

• Oh yes. I would be quite hurt. I would want him to return it and buy a new one specificaly for me.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 11:30 AM on May. 11, 2009

• The guy usually picks out a ring that he thinks his soon to be fiance would like best. So regiving a ring is thoughtless. Not a good idea. In that same sense, if I loved the guy then I wouldn't care.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:35 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Why couldn't he have exchanged the ring for something "just for her" - and why do guys hold on to rings like that... it's not like jewelry shops have a no refund/no exchange policy. Yes, it's tacky.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:49 AM on May. 11, 2009