I am having contractios 5 minutes apart but I can not too too strong and my back hurts am i in labor

mommy102786

Asked by mommy102786 at 11:10 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like it. I think you might want to go ahead and call your dr or go to the hospital.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:11 AM on May. 11, 2009

• yeah call the dr! it could be the real thing! I've heard if you get contractions and walk around and they go away, it was only BH. but 5 minutes apart sure sounds real. and how long do they last? when I was in true labor my contractions lasted about 70 seconds and every 2-3 minutes. it SUUUUUUUCKED! GL!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:17 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Sounds like it!!!

good luck momma.
    katfranz111

Answer by katfranz111 at 11:19 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Go ahead call your doctor, and start walking around...if they get closer together head to the hospital, if they stop then you know you are not ready yet! Good Luck!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:21 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Not necessarily. This happened to me thursday night. For 4 hours I had contractions every 5 min then it just stopped. It doesn't mean that you are in active labor, it could just be prodomal labor. I wouldn't go into the hospital yet. You could call your doctor if you are curious but I would wait, and relax and see what happens.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:22 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Lay down and rest and see if they go away. If they stop it is just prodomal labor, but if they continue and get more instense then call the doctor and head to the hopsital. My midwife said she wanted to know if they were less then 3 minutes part and I couldn't hold a conversation while having one (good indication that you are in transition labor).
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:40 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would say yes
    Katie911

Answer by Katie911 at 11:48 AM on May. 11, 2009