HELP cont.

"I don't want to scare you, but Katherine, you must take you history into consideration...you are a triplet. You have identical twin boys, your sister has quads and your sister has twins, too. I have seen this before, it starts out as twins, but they can split one more time, and that means quadruplets. This doesn't happen often, but it can happen. So just relax and we'll be able to know by your next appointment."

QUADS???!!!! I don't think so. Help me...what should I do?!

katfranz111

Asked by katfranz111 at 11:18 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• there's nothing you can do. I have never heard of them splitting at 11 weeks, or later, once the egg is implanted. I don't think your doctor should have scared you like that. I wouldn't even stress about it.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:20 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I am not saying it CAN"T happen either.. I just think he shouldn't have prematurely scared you. there's no reason to believe they will split and make quads. Just enjoy your pregnancy.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:21 AM on May. 11, 2009

• GET YOUR SLEEP NOW!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:24 AM on May. 11, 2009

• If you were so worried about it maybe being twins or more, and you already have four...Then why get pregnant at all? You should have stopped at four if two more was gonna freak you out so damn bad. You knew multiples were a risk and yet you took the chance. Now deal with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 11, 2009

• what do you mean what should you do? You got pregnant, now you have to have them and care for them! It might freak you out now, but it will all work itself out in the end! Good luck!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 11:30 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't state it as harshly as the anon above me, but it's true, you obviously are well aware of the risks for multiples beforehand in your personal situation. It should have been discussed and accepted before attempting to get pregnant....of course you may not have been trying, but if you weren't ready for the possibility the proper precautions should have been taken. I'd rest up when you can and accept the fact you are having at the minimum, twins again! Look into support groups for those with multiple multiples and talk to other moms who have gone through the same, it may help you feel better about it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• If you don't want them. get rid of them. or put them up for adoption.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on May. 11, 2009

• That anon above 'Mom2Jack04' is a bitch. It's your life and i can understand that you are scared, I'd be too!!! But take it one day at a time...talk with family and friends and pray, god will show you the way.
    Momma, don't listen to these inconsiderate mothers who don't have the balls to post who they really are.
    Anonymous

• lol anon 1108, isn't that just what you did? :P
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:26 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Kat, i just read on here what happened.. and I am here to tell you not to listen to these moms. Yeah she asked for your "help", but she doesn't want advice on how to run her life, or according to that anon up there, here reproductive life. How would you like it if some mother on the internet came up and told you how to run your life, reproductively and every other way. Back the eff off and if you don't have anything thing nice to say, don't say anything. Jesus, get a grip.

Kat, im here if you need me babe.
    mcdorman01

Answer by mcdorman01 at 12:34 PM on May. 11, 2009