What is the worst thing you have ever had to do at a job?

Whether it be you loved that job but there was a particular incident or you hated the job and it was something you had to do every day, what was the worst/unpleasant thing you have ever had to do?

For me it was at a job that I loved. I worked at an after school facility on an army post in Germany. One day one of my students came in to tell me bye because he was going back to the states. I asked him if he would be back when his daddy returns from the deployment. He then told me no, because his daddy wouldn't be coming home because he died. My heart sank, I hugged him, and I tried my best to hold back the tears but I couldn't. The overwhelming of emotions and not being able to do anything for that child was the worst thing I have ever had to go through while on a job.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 11:35 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• I used to work in a retail/pharmacy store. There are things that I don't understand about people, the main one being.....how in the heck do people (especially women) manage to get poop on the back of the toilet, floors and walls????? Why do old people just walk down the aisles and let poop fall out of their pants????? And most importantly....why do people do this and leave it for the employees at the store to clean up? Get the idea of some of the gross things I have had to do? And it isn't a one time thing, it happens at least once a month. Thankfully I'm a SAHM now so the only poop I have to clean up is on my own children.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• watch elderly people die slowly and alone. Plus getting attached to some and then hearing they passed on!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Ok well mine is nohing compared to yours- my worsts are filing, I used to sign in the dry cleaning..hated touching everyones dirty clothes and the strange smells. Now a secretary- very hard to guess what someone wants all the time.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:41 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Ive done just about everything, Hardest job I ever held was working at McDonalds. Those people on the night shift work really hard cleaning. Hated every moment of it. But needed the money so bad, that just had to do the job and collect the money till times were better. Held three jobs at that time!!!
    Yebbers

Answer by Yebbers at 12:34 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Preparing a woman for an amputation of her lower leg from diabetic related gangrene, she was old and uneducated and had no idea what was happening. She went from an appointment for a toe infection to the hospital for amputation all within about 4 hours.
    Anonymous

• Finding a patient dead at 5a.m. in bed is quite hard also.
    Anonymous

• I'm not "technically" on the job yet, but I'm going to school to be a licensed Vet Tech, and we work hands on with animals for almost everything...anything from bandages and blood draws, to vaccines and euthanasia.
    the hardest part for me is putting animals down...or giving bad news to our clients. the absolute worst though is seeing abused and abandoned animals..and THEN having to put them down...just rips my heart out. some people can be so cruel and heartless. people never cease to amaze me.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 4:14 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I worked at a lingerie/bathing suit shop and was told by the owner not to let men in the dressing room. well I was young and all alone in the shop when a well dressed handsome man came in and asked if he could try on some bathing suits. At first I said no, but he told me he was leaving for vacation in an hour and needed a bathing suit. So I told him go ahead and try them on in the dressing room. He went in, when he was done he came out, purchased a suit and left. I went into the dressing room and found that he left me a big surprise all over the walls. GROSS!!! I quit after that.
    Anonymous

• I always had to lie on the phone, and tell people my boss wasn't there even though he was standing right in front of me.

That was harder for me than cleaning toilets.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:19 PM on May. 11, 2009