Hey is any one here on Lexapro?I need some support from someone in regards to a really bad side effect.

Im having a really nasty side effect from this medication. As a mom i find it difficult to weigh the pros and cons and need a little guidance. Please let me know if any one can help.

Amber-Skye

Asked by Amber-Skye at 11:36 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Health

• i was on lexapro for 4 months and gained 35lbs. i hated it. Just my opinion
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 11:38 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I was on Lexapro for three months, and it turned me into the walking dead! I didn't care about anything, I let my housework go, and my relationship with my husband even suffered because of it. I felt tired and droopy all the time, and all I wanted to do was sleep. I lost weight because I didn't even want to bother with eating. I wouldn't recommend that stuff to anyone!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:41 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Well the benifits of this medication are working great for me. I have more pep, im not tired at all, my emotions are more even kiltered. But the problem i am having is with a side effect known as anorgasmia. Im sure you can figure out what this means. But it is the only side effect. I did horrible on about fifty different seratonin drugs. This one works but this one little side effect is almost making it unbearable. My doctor wants me to weigh the pros and cons and decide if i want to stay on it or not. has anyone else had this problem
    Amber-Skye

Answer by Amber-Skye at 11:57 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I did have that problem, but I have it with all anti-depressants. TMI alert: I have to use a vibrator while we're having sex. It's the only thing that works.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 11:59 AM on May. 12, 2009