How do I calm the flirting down without losing my best friend?

My best guy friend and I flirt alot. It'll never go anywhere since we're both married but it does get pretty hot n heavy. We always laugh it off but both admitt to being very turned on after a night of flirting. Niether of our SO's have a problem with it but they've only witnessed the, I guess you call it light, flirting. I feel like it sometimes goes a little far but don't want to lose our friendship if I tell him it needs to stop.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• it does need to stop. I can GUARANTEE that nothing good will come out of it. Your playing with fire.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:58 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I feel like it sometimes goes a little far but don't want to lose our friendship if I tell him it needs to stop.

If he doesn't like it, too bad!

Anonymous

• Guys especially get hurt if you tell them that the flirting needs to stop. They won't let you know that they are hurt, but they start being mean because I guess that's the only way for them to completely shut off the flirting. I don't see why you would care about losing a friendship that is based on flirting rather than having you SO. You might as well be with you best friend and stop having your SO in the background.
    Anonymous

• Ok well, there arent many ways of getting the point accross without being obvious. Your going to have to tell him that y'alls flirting may take a turn for the worse & that you both need to get a grip & cut it out if you want to have good marriages. You both shoudl already know this, so saying ti shoudln't be that hard. If he cares for you like a good friend should, then you can say this & he sould understand. Your friendship should be fine unless he is a total baby.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Sounds like you have a thing for him... For the sake of your marriage... man up, and make it stop.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 12:02 PM on May. 11, 2009

• He is not the only one that needs to stop..
    so do you.
    Your SO's are fine with it because they have not really seen you and him at play.
    For the love of your SO and the respect of your SO..and the respect of his..
    Tell him that it is just not right and that it needs to end.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:02 PM on May. 11, 2009

• sorry for my bad grammar...lol...

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:04 PM on May. 11, 2009

• what? you really want to save your flirting relationship over your marraige.
    grow up..your married now...all of that shit stops when your married. if you couldnt handle it, you shouldnt of said I DO.
    you stop it now..if you ulose your friend, so what! your marriage should mean more
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:39 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I don't understand. Which means more to you?? Your husband or the flirting??
    Guess you don't realize that you have basically already committed adultery. (The Bible says to even look at someone with lust in your eye is adultery). You've gone much further than that.
    So what now? Admit to your husband that when he's not around, you do nearly everything with another man Except the actual act of having sex?? Hmmm..what do you suppose your husband will say??? Sounds to me like you don't really give a rat's behind about your husband. You chose to marry him, but you'd rather lose him than your "friend."
    Be brave..go confess yourself to HIS WIFE. Now...remember to duck and run...
    But maybe in the end, your husband and his wife won't mind at all....MAYBE while YOU"RE not around, THEY"RE doing some "FLIRTING" themselves....boohoo to you..
    Anonymous