in need of advise and help.

my last period was march 1st ended up testing and finding out i was 8 weeks pregnant about 3 weeks ago, i was super excited and so was my hubby! i had brown discharge threw out my whole pregnancy and still have it.... after a pap smer at the clinic they told me to go to the er to make sure everything was fine the nurses there said it sounds pretty normal and everything looked fine.... i went into get the ultra sound there and they said the baby looked only bout 5 weeks but at that moment i should have been 10 weeks.... im overly bummed and dont know what to expect now, do i still go out and get the babys room ready or not is something wrong. they told me to come in for blood work every week for the next two months. i cant wait that long to know whats going on. has this happened to anyone else? whats going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i haven't had that problem, but i'd wait unti li was in my 2nd trimester if i were you.. good luck ,i hope your baby is okay :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:02 PM on May. 11, 2009

• The time they told you, you were 8 weeks pregnant is just an estimated week guess based on your last period. The accurate would be the ultrasound because they determine it by the size of the fetus. When I got pregnant they said I was 9 weeks pregnant and when I did the ultra sound 2.5 weeks later I was only 6 weeks. In the end, my baby was born exactly 1 month early from the due date. She wasn't born with any problems and didn't have to go to the NICU so it's like was my first estimation more accurate than the ultra sound. It's pretty much a waiting game that's all I can say. Just remain calm and think positive. Start talking to your baby and stay strong. After all they come, when they are ready!
    Anonymous

• That had happend to me. Well kinda. When i first found out i was pregnant and had a positive test i was so excited and so was my husband. I had an ultrasound a few weeks later and i should have been about 13 or 14 wks by then and they said that it wasnt near that far developed. I had to get blood work done every week to see in any of the levels were changing and then later had to have another ultrasound. At the first ultrasound i was told that because this is my first pregnancy that it might be that my body didnt know what to do after it got so far with the pregnancy so the baby stoped developing. But with the second ultrasound we found out that the time i conceved was wrong and that i just missed a period due to stress of loosing a family member. Just keep your head up. I know its hard i was crying almost every night because i didnt know what was going on. But i wish you the best and i hope that everything works out ok.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:42 PM on May. 11, 2009