boob problem....

Does anyone know if you can get Matitis without breastfeeding yet? I am 11 weeks pregnant and my left nipple is purple and a little red around the actual nipple and its very tender to the touch..more so then normal. The right one is normal color. I had Matitis with my son while I was breastfeeding 2 month into the process. The nipple pain feels like that but Im not having flu symptoms. Can it be something else? I have also had a lump in the top of my breast but two doctors have looked at it and said just watch it..didn't seem to concerned. If you can get Matitis with out breastfeeding.. I just want to catch it before it takes off to full blown pain.. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your nipple has turned colors I think I'd go back to the doc. I'm not sure if you can get mastitis when you are pregnant. Could it just be a clogged duct? IDK, I think I'd call my OB.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on May. 16, 2009