can i be feeling the baby?

i am 11 weeks and a few days ago and yesterday i felt this weird feeling, it was like butterflies in my stomach or like the feeling when your on a rollercoaster.. could this be the baby moving?. i was told that its too early and its probably gas but ive never felt it before.. this is my first child so i dont know what to be certain of..

luckie_charm

Asked by luckie_charm at 12:12 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I felt my son around 12-13 weeks.. My dr told me it was gas but I know it wasn't. It was a different feeling and I had that same feeling from that time on it just got more and more distinct.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:14 PM on May. 11, 2009

• yea it could have been .thats whats the 1st times u feel ur baby feel like.like butterflies in your stomach.its not too early 4 u.i felt my baby at 12 weeks.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 12:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It's early enough in your pregnancy where most people are going to say you're still unable to feel the baby's movement. However, only a couple short weeks from now you'll be able to distinguish these movements more clearly. It's most likely gas bubbles trying harder and harder to make their way around your growing womb, but who's to say 100% that you're NOT feeling the baby's movement already? Maybe you are. As far as the roller coaster and butterfly feelings, all I can say to that is that's not how I would have described the movements I felt with my 2 girls, but that's all up to interpretation, I guess. Best wishes on your new little one to be! And congratulations, Momma!
    PenelopesMom

Answer by PenelopesMom at 12:20 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes you can be feeling the baby at 12 weeks. I am currently 12weeks and I have felt my baby move at 9 weeks. And beleive me it is not gas I know the difference this is my 5th baby!!
    QTSUSIE

Answer by QTSUSIE at 4:51 PM on May. 11, 2009