How do you think the rest of the world looks at the USA?

I ask as a brit. Cos, i know how england views you guys. But, how do you guys think the rest of the world feels about you.

Personally, (as the soon to be resident brit of cafemom - thats what im shooting for :D) I think the USA is ok. I think you guys are very patriotic (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) i think you have serious christian values. But i think you need to chill out a little bit.

Though, i say that, but we here in england need the to pull the stick out of our respective bottoms.

Stereotyping included.

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 12:15 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think America needs the Brits to stay allies AND HELP KEEP ISRAEL SAFE!

WE WERE A LOT STRONGER 130 DAYS AGO!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:19 PM on May. 11, 2009

• What do you think American's need to chill out about specifically? I'm not asking in a snotty way, I'm totally interested, I agree with everything else you said =)

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:19 PM on May. 11, 2009

• like we are the Bundy's from Married with Children...
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:20 PM on May. 11, 2009

• lol. I've noticed a shift in the worlds attitude towards the US as soon as bush stepped out of office.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:20 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I think the rest of the world is so quick to hate on the United States but when they are in trouble, we are the first country they turn to. France for example walks around HATING Americans...and yes I do know this because I went there and everyone was so rude to me. But when France has been in trouble in the past, the United States has come in and saved their asses SEVERAL times. France basically wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the US. Same with many other countries. So it is hard for me to understand where all this hate for America is coming from. I do love England though I will say! :) I think other countries feel we take advantage of all that we have here in the US, which is true, we do! But then there are those other countries that hate us because we accept people of all different religions, colors, and ideas. But I really don't care what everyone else says. I love America and if you don't than kiss it!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:21 PM on May. 11, 2009

• YAH LIKE DISRESPECT! CHINA MOONING US!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:22 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I think the world is envious of the U.S.A. because the government fights back when it comes to other countries and their wrongdoing.

"Land of the Free, Home of the Brave"

I'm a proud American (born & raised)!
    Anonymous

• When i say chill out. I mean, relax about the small stuff. I would never say "stop standing up for what you believe in" but you guys never show any apathy towards things.

Tis not an insult. I think england and the USA are the two most powerful/important countries on the planet at the moment and need to stay friends. I think americans geta bad rap cos everyone seems to think that brits and american culture is so alike. But it really isn't. Just enough of it is similar for us to get along so well.

Like: america - guns a right; health care a privilege
    England - health care a right - guns a privilege.

Thise are two very big issues that we completely differ on.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 12:29 PM on May. 11, 2009

• ***i think america get a bad rap cos the stereotype is that you are all gun totting, patriotic rednecks who are obese and start every sentence with "well, shucks, the bible says...."

I however completely disagree with this stereotype. So off. Just like the british are seen as posh obnoxious toffs with bad teeth and we say wanker all the time. Again, very wrong.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 12:33 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I don't think the people of other countries hate the people of the U.S., what they hate is our Government, its corruption, its view of itself as being the ultimate judge and of other countries and other governments and that it feel our laws and our way of life are the rules by which all others should live. People in other countries see things from a totally different perpective than the U.S. citizens do. The news we get is sugar-coated most of the time by mainstream media and a lot of people tend to believe everything they hear, while others don't even bother to keep in-the-know about U.S. issues let alone world issues. OP, how about telling everyone about the situation in England concerning rights and freedoms, about I.D. cards, about how people are treated by police, how everything people do is by writ or permit. Lovely place England, it's too bad that Tony Blair climbed in bed with Bush and infected your government.
    Anonymous