1st time being pregnant have questions about beach visits

im 6 months right now by beach weather which will be in june, i was wndering how do i go bout it.i dont wanna hurt the baby or anything.is there a certain sunblock i have to use.do i have to do anything different then i normally would do at the beach besides bringin extra extra food?

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 12:22 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• make sure you drink plenty of water to keep you hydrated. don't get too hot. remember your body temp has to stay around normal. if you get too hot and your body temp rises your baby will get hot. i would suggest buying one of those large umbrellas to keep the sun off of you when you sit on the beach. keep cool and not too much sun exposure. you can use any kind of sun block just make sure you use a high SPF. have fun at the beach for me.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:24 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i live in florida and each year i get a tan on my "driving arm" and when i was prego with my 1 and all after if my doc only saw that one arm he chewed my head off. basically he told me if u stay in the sun to long to get any for of tan your "cooking" the baby to. i would say stay out of the sun. or talk to your doctor before you do.
    kikyu

Answer by kikyu at 12:52 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It's best to stay out of the sun for more than a short period. You can raise you core temp to a dangerous level without ever knowing it.
    Anonymous