Do you think that all black people that move up in the corporate world or politics are looking to "stick it to the white man"?

i came across a quote from another question in regards to Colin Powell being an "angry black man looking to stick it to the white man." do you think that black people or african-americans that speak openly about any issue, race included, are trying to stick it to the white man as quoted?`

ssnelson26

Asked by ssnelson26 at 12:28 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That is just Fuc*ing STUPID, because the white man that they would really want to stick it to did NOTHING to them.
    I hate this!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• no i do not i think that some people might stereotype black ppl like that but i dnt think so.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 12:32 PM on May. 11, 2009

• no more than i believe that every white man is trying to stick it to the black man
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 12:33 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Maybe some are. If they are in the corporate world they are usually well educated and look beyond race. My husbands boss is black. He has no chip on his shoulder and hires based on ability and does not just hire black people for the sake of helping a brother out. He was born in the ghetto and got out on his own. Many of his own race call him a sellout because he went to college and got his master's, speaks in an educated way (they say he speaks white) and now has a high 6 figure salary. He said frankly he feels uncomfortable going back to his old neighborhood since he has been called out. 

I don't agree with the statement.  Colin Powell is not an angry black man.  He is a man who should change his party if he agrees with Obama.  Powell like many is enamoured with Obama but if he really has Republican values will find he disagrees with him on most everything soon enough 

Anonymous

• Ha! Nope, I really don't care to "stick it" to anyone. I just like doing my job and being acknowledged for it.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 12:39 PM on May. 11, 2009

• LET IT GO!!!!!
    LET IT ALL GO!!!!!!
    THINGS are not like that anymore. NO one should be trying to stick it to NO one. Do anything you do GREAT and do it GREAT for yourself NO one else.
    Anonymous

• Many black people I have worked with are very nice, mature and open minded. So far, those who have climbed the corporate latter, judged people by the character. Reason why, at this level black and whites had to work together to be recognized for their output.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:42 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I think that this is just another example of the lack of equality in this country. The party of old white men hears dissent from within their ranks, but instead of paying attention to what he's saying they get all bent out of shape and call it racial to invalidate it. They'd do the same to any woman in their party who said something in disagreement. Hell, they might even say she's on the rag. They can tolerate the odd nutjob, but they can't abide any reasonable disagreement from people who should be grateful they're even allowed in the party at all.
    sheilanagig

Answer by sheilanagig at 12:50 PM on May. 11, 2009

• No, not at all. It means that they have goals and ambition and would like to be successful just like any other person.
    Anonymous

• No, I think they are moving up in their chosen careers because the are bright, educated people who want to succeed. It has nothing to do with anyone "sticking it" to someone else. There could be a few out there like that, but the majority are just hard working people who are trying to better themselves just like anyone else.

Anonymous