do you think that men and woman are equal?

do you think that men and women are equal in this day and age?

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 12:33 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I do not see them as equals, but that does not mean that as a woman you cannot stand up and get what you want in life. I do believe that men are still treated better in society overall, but as a woman you have nothing holding you back from getting and demanding the respect you deserve and earned in the business community. I think men are the weaker sex by far, all it takes to bring down a wealthy,powerful man in this world is a martini and a half naked woman.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:00 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes I do.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:36 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would hope not. I like having a JOB and my own money BUT I love my man to be the MAN. Do the man STUFF around the house, outside and in BED......dont get me wrong I can do ANYTHING a man can do BETTER...lol, BUT I dont want to see the day that I am expected to actually do all those things for myself. I like being the QUEEN of the castle...........the way that works in my castle is I make the rules and my KING enforces them.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 12:36 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I think its get a little better everyday.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 12:38 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i dont see them as equals.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:38 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Women would be if they did not keep each other down. I worked in the coropate world for years until I had my children. I did very well until I had a woman boss. The women in this company were ruthless and cut each other down. They did not like me at all. I was younger, more attractive and smart as hell. It scared them so these Vice Presidents started rumors and made life miserable for me. The men were great and thankfully saw through the lies and I was made President of my division. I was the boss of those who treated me so terribly. I did not get pay back. Sat the women down told them there was a culture change about to happen. Gossip, rumors and holding females back out of fear would not be tolerated. They quit. I hired men and women to fill the roles and it was made clear the best would get promotions and anyone who cut anyone down based on gender would be gone even if they were a woman.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I each have our place in our family and in the world. We are pretty old fashioned and feel women should be home and the husband should work. We also feel children should not be brought into the world unless a couple is married and financially able to care for children on their own.

My husband is the head of our household. We make decisions together but if we can not agree I defer to him. He usually ends up doing it my way after he gives it careful thought later.lol We have a Biblical marriage. I submit to him and he treats me as Christ treats his church. We have that balance that allows us to have a successful and loving marriage. We are biblical in how we raise our children. Our children are respectful, have a great work ethic and will all be great and wonderful adults someday. We have a great time with our kids. I don't keep score of who has more power. We live our lives.
    Anonymous

• I don't think we are equals, but I think everyone should be given an equal chance to show their worth/ability/role in any situation (job, family, relationship).

I like that my husband is a man and can do things for me that I may not be able to do myself. And I like that he comes to me for things he thinks that I would be better at. :-)
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 12:50 PM on May. 11, 2009

• They are equally loved by God.

He made them different.

So I can feel good about myself as a woman  even when  I drive by  men pouring blacktop all day in 99 degree heat  beside a woman  with a flag, waving the cars on........................................

And I still love my husband  if he brings me a can opener for my birthday........................

I certainly think I'm just as "good" as any man!

All people have different abilities. Gender isn't the only factor in peoples abilities, strengths, tendencies, etc.,.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:54 PM on May. 11, 2009

• We have a great time with our kids. I don't keep score of who has more power. We live our lives.

Wise....................................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:56 PM on May. 11, 2009