Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there anything I can do to help?

Right before Christmas we found out that my uncle had been molesting his daughter and she told her school so her and her siblings went back to live with her mother. Just recently the other daughter told the school that her mom has been beating her so her dad picked her up ( imo he should under no circumstances been able to do that since he's still under investigation) and took her back to his house where she got in a fight with her stepmom. She tried to run to the neighbors but her dad tackled her into a barbed wire fence and threw her in the car. Then to add to it all, my uncle's stepdaughter admits that he's been molesting her too. I can't stand to see these kids grow up like this but I have no idea what to do. Both parents are in trouble but for some reason the kids are still living with them and I find this disturbing.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (5)
  • i would go to cps and offer to foster them

    Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 12:35 PM on May. 11, 2009

  • go to the district attorney's office and ask for custody. whether it be temporary or permanent. that child needs a safe and stable home to go to. tell the DA that you want her to feel safe and protected and don't want her living a life of incest, abuse, and psychological problems(which will happen if she stays with her parents). Talk to any body and every body you can to make it happen.

    Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:37 PM on May. 11, 2009

  • i doubt anyone would give me custody of 4 minors. i'm only 19

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on May. 11, 2009

  • Browbeat everyone from the district attorney to the local sheriff! Talk to a family court judge, and see what is the best way for you to go about getting custody of those poor kids. No child deserves to be treated the way that they're being treated, but sometimes social services just doesn't seem to care. Get up on your soapbox and MAKE someone listen!

    Answer by 3_is_enough at 12:43 PM on May. 11, 2009

  • If there is not a place for the kids to go and live with another family memeber they probably will not do anything about this sitaution ........Is there any other family members who will help with this situation? I was abused growing up....It is not safe for children to remain in abusive homes, but it happens everyday....If you can do anything to help these kids please do so....before something really bad happens......It is their future that I worry about...Kids who have been abused as children tend to get involved in drugs, etc. as teens and adults.....I do not know what advice to give you, but do everything you can to get them from where they are....Any home would be better than what they have.....Coming from my heart! God Bless!

    Answer by mirakoboy at 1:10 PM on May. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.