Trying to correct my past and pay my debts but places are not willing to work with people anymore.

Anyways we live in a fairly small town and a couple of years ago my husband and i changes feed stores because a guy my husband is friends with opened one so we decided to give him our business. Anyways husband doesn't know i never paid the last statement to the old store (which we had used for years) I got behing and just kept putting it off and off and then 2 years had gone by. Anyways i went but to day and paid the bill. It was $250.00. I paid cash for it and went into talk to the guy because i wanted to tell him that my husband wasn't aware of this and wanted to see if he would reopen his account if i didn't charge anything on it. He said no that they didn't reopen accounts after they had been closed. I re assured him that my husband knew nothing of the unpaid balance or he would have taken care of it plu killed me. Anyways i thought he would work with me because hubby gave him lots of business. cont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• Plus the company hubby works for buys a lot from them. Was there anything else i should have said to make him feel better and possible reopen hubbys account? We use to give them lots of business but they were never the nicest most appreciative people, but we were always cordial to them. And just because i fu**ed up is no reason to punish my husband.
    Anonymous

• You lied by omission to your husband and now you are mad at someone else? The account was in your husbands name so your husband needs to be the one to try and get it reopened. I realize you don't want him to know about this but no one is being unfair except you. You owe your husband the truth and from now on be honest in your dealings with people. If this was my business I would call your husband and talk to him about this. I would not deal with you.
    Anonymous

• The account was in BOTH of our names.
    Anonymous

• I think that you need to tell your husband about this. It would suck even more if he went in there to get something and found out from them about it. You messed up, there's no denying that, so you can't blame them for not wanting to give you a second chance. 2 years is an awfully long time to let this go and not try to talk to them. Had you talked to them about this a long time ago you probably wouldn't be in this position. Anyways tell your husband, tell him that you didn't pay the last payment and that time got away from you before you realized it and that you finally did pay it, but they won't open your account back up. He'll probably (definitely) be mad, especially if this is a small town and everyone knows everyone and all their business.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:51 PM on May. 11, 2009