breatstfeeding how to keep boobs from saggingor shrinking

im planning on breastfeeding.a lot of people told me that my boobs are gonna sag or there gonna end up really small.is there a way i can avoid this..

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 12:36 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I agree with 3_is_enough..... lol love the SN too! I am pregnant with my third (still breast feeding my DS) my breasts have never sagged or shrunk (There is a 4 and a half year gap between my DD and my DS) after I stopped breast feeding my daughter. My midwife said it's all about support, and as I wear a bra 24-7 I have no worries....... also make sure you are wearing the proper size bra, many women do not realize they are not wearing the correct size even though they are comfortable with their bra..... also make sure you replace your bra's once a month (the elastic in bra's breaks down, stretches etc no matter how good the bra) I buy mine from a amazing store located in NYC, they measure you and educate you about how to buy the right bras and everything you never knew about bras! LOL sounds a bit over board I know but it is worth it!
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 12:59 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i don't think there's any way to avoid it. and i'm pretty sure it's the pregnancy that stretches out your boobs not breastfeeding itself.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:42 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i didnt beastfeed and my boobs now sag and are smaller. they were so perky before :( ahhh i miss them!
    Anonymous

• My breasts didn't sag, but they certainly did shrink. This was wonderful for me, since I had been a DD since my freshman year of high school. (I looked goofy, since I'm 5"8' and only weighed about 125.) I used cocoa butter on my breasts and stomach throughout my pregnancy to avoid the stretch marks, and wore tight-fitting bras to keep my hooters up where they were supposed to be. I even slept in them. No, it wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world, but it wasn't unbearable. But at least my ta-ta's aren't anywhere near my belly button!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 12:47 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I don't think there's anything you can do to prevent it, unfortunately. I did everything that 3-is-enough said she did, and mine are droopy now. :-(
    Anonymous

• Yeah, mine were D's and wow do my A/B boobies miss those days : ) I say my DD sucked me dry ha ha. I only BF for the 1st year and I sag and have no breast's (as I see them anyway) I miss them and can't wait to get prego again (which we are working on) just to get them back : ) well not just for that reason but you all know what I mean : )
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 1:03 PM on May. 11, 2009

• my son weaned about 2 months ago and i haven't noticed a huge difference. they went from Ds to DDs during pregnancy. now they're holding strong at DDs. they've only sagged minimally from the extra weight, but i've kept a handle on it by working out (strengthening the muscles underneath) and wearing good bras.
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 1:07 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Your breasts are going to be anything but small. Always always wear a bra when nursing, even in bed. This is the best way to avoid sagging breasts. The weight of a nursing breast can break down the tissue and cause sagging.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:11 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i was worried about the same thing... but u gotta realize that they swell and fiil with milk ( well colostrum) before the baby gets here... and if you dont breastfeed they will still fill up with milk and be painful.... so i just try to keep them from sagging so soon.... by breast feeding.. they may totally deflate when i stop but for now i like feeling like i can control the size of them.... i look very busty when my lil girl goes to my sisters for the night so i can have a date night with my husband...lol no padded bras for me anymore
    iluvlupe

Answer by iluvlupe at 1:16 PM on May. 11, 2009

• nursing DOES NOT make your boobs saggier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pregnancy, DNA, Getting Older are what makes boob sag! :)
    When you nurse your boobs stay full like during pregnancy.. so you only get the saggy effect after nursing.. so you just prolong ur perk... as if you dont breastfeed the sagging will come a few weeks after delivery..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:03 PM on May. 11, 2009