If you were a virgin when you got married....

and for whatever reason that marriage ended, are you supposed to wait to have sex again when you're married? Or can you now have sex if you're just dating, or just wanted casual sex?
What's your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The point is that the marriage isn't supposed to end. I don't think that waiting to have sex until marriage the first time opens up the door to be promiscuous after a divorce. I think it's best to wait until marriage--no matter what number you're on.

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:48 PM on May. 11, 2009

• In my opinion you can have sex when ever you want to. You gotta just be carefull.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe that anyone should wait to have sex. But if you believe it's something that should be left for marriage then I would assume that would mean you would wait til you were in a second marriage before you became active again.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:50 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I guess that depends on your beliefs. Christians are not supposed to engage in sex outside of  marriage, period. So if you're not married, you're not suppoed to be getting it on with anyone. IMO, I would do what makes sense & works for your life, where you are at this point. Be safe, be smart. Go at whatever pace feels comfortable.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:52 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I don't remember the OP asking for a license to be "promiscuous", Renee.
    Anonymous

• I don't remember issuing her a license to be promiscuous anon. Most people that wait until marriage do so for religious reasons, correct? If you're religious enough to hold off until marriage the first time, then it must be important enough to hold off the next time. If she doesn't want to then that's her decision. She asked for an OPINION and that was mine.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:57 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I think sex belongs only inside a marriage.....whether that be your first, second, or twentieth (LOL). Most people don't have these same belieifs, so I guess you need to question what you believe.~~ It must be a lot harder to "wait" the second time around though =)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:06 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My point, Renee, which you clearly failed to grasp, was that just because she may not wait until marriage again, doesn't automatically mean she is being promiscuous. Obviously, you of all people, are not going to issue a license for anyones promiscuity.
    Anonymous

• Re-read her question please anon...she said "causual sex". Last I checked, that was the same thing as being promiscuous. She asked for an opinion, I gave it to her. No need to get rude or nasty with me.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I love it when people get all steamy when its just a question of what if, and its not even about you. please if you have nothing else in life to get steamy about, then wow your life must be pretty dull. and no Renee this was not pointed at you, just so you know. : )
    Anonymous