what is wrong?

what is wrong with the people on here? i know not everyone is the same and i dont judge. some of the people on here come to get away from the pressures in life they think it is a frendly inviroment, where they can get advise on what to do but every question ive ever asked on here all ive gotten are meaness and rudeness and then they complain about other people doing it to them. what is their problem why are they being mean to people i believe 2 things if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all and treat others the way you want to be treated what do you guys think of this problem on this site?

nikkicorbett

Asked by nikkicorbett at 12:53 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It is understandable that one could be confused by the lack of punctuation and grammar mistakes, but that doesn't give any right to belittle somebody. If there was any question to what she was trying to ask, then maybe that person should have taken the time to PM her, or ask nicely. I've seen the question, and you are right, it was hard to understand. However, the comments that were left regarding that post were ridiculous. Not a single person has any right to be condescending. Every woman has flaws, and has made mistakes. And maybe this girl isn't reading too much into it. Her feelings are genuinely hurt. Just because some of you regard yourself highly enough to look past what others are saying, that doesn't mean she is able to. When low self esteem is involved, it doesn't matter who the harsh words come from, they still tear a person down a little bit more. Let's teach our children compassion, not the art of ridicule.
    LuvMyBrennaBean

Answer by LuvMyBrennaBean at 5:16 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I blame their parents. :-)

I'm sorry people are being rude to you. Some people are just jerks and are insensitive to other people's feelings, until it happens to them. Then they want the world to cry with them.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 12:56 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It's called Life, what happens on the internet doesn't bother me so much to create a post about it. Take if for less than what it is and move to another area on this huge website.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:56 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I think that if people could use punctuation, people would be more inclined to help you.

People don't want to help those who can't help themselves.
    Anonymous

• i do help myself i am a good mother to my son i clean and take good care of everyone in my household i have rarely anytime for myself and i would apretiate it if the people hwo dont have something nice to say please dont respond to this question cause i do have feelings and yes i have trouble with spelling and punuctation but i have a reason for that. so please just be nice cause it does hurt my feelings when people do that if you want to know why please just ask me
    nikkicorbett

Answer by nikkicorbett at 1:07 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I rarely get meanness and rudeness, and I'm one of the most abrasive and opinionated people around this little corner of CM (and I'm modest too!). I get it, but it's far from the majority. So the question is twofold, are you being oversensitive to things, or, are you asking questions that are phrased in a way that provokes an angry response? If it's being oversensitive you just have to learn to ignore trolls. If it's anon, there's clue one to read it with a grain of salt. There is no ID check here, and if it's someone with a default icon and a very empty profile, you have a 50/50 shot that the poster is really a 12 year old girl or a 20 yr old guy with nothing better to do than poke you with a sharp stick. If it's the latter, read before you click, Ask It! Fix your errors (firefox has built in spellcheck, just right click and click the correct word) and ask yourself what answers it might get.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:24 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I have to be honest, I don't know whats happening to people these days. Rude, nasty comments coming from not only people here but out in public. Everything has gotten so polarizing that no one has an opinion anymore they just want to bash. Part of it might have to do with celebs and media doing it. Just like our kids pick up things from TV, adults do the same. I guess seeing the media and celebs do it makes it seem more OK to do. I think it's a disgusting thing to do and try to only give opinions. I don't know why that is so hard.
    Someone asked a q in this catagory the other day and not one person tried to dispute or debate the posters points. They just bashed her and everyone else they could think of.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:31 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I think most of the ladies on Cafemom are really nice women who are here to support others. I have met some wonderful friends on C/M. There are some ladies on C/M, who are very opinionated & brutally honest, they figure you ask, so they are gonna tell you, whether you like what they have to say or not, lol, but they aren't out for your blood! Then there's the "drama llamas/ screen hiders" who seem to have suicide in mind, Our's! They find it fun to insult others & be rude, it's just a game to them. Cafemom has their share of the "DRAMA" types, so, I say when one of them shows up, delete their comments & block them from your account. It helps if your friends will block them, too, this will keep the "drama llamas/screen hiders" from having a path to you. ARGUING with the "drama llamas/screen hiders" is a complete waste of YOUR time & effort, as I don't think they have any feelings; "they" do lurk among us, Beware!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• ^ I agree. I always say that drama begets drama. If you go to those posts that are full of drama, it'll affect you. If you get into an 'argument' with someone, there are ways to go around it with tact and class. I stay AWAY from a majority of posts regarding politics, religion, and gay marriage, for example because I'm going to have to politely "agree to disagree" because I am pretty liberal, not religious, and have my OWN opinion on gays (because I love everyone, really). It's not worth it to me to beat a dead horse to a bunch of complete strangers. I stick to the fun stuff and move on.

I like to voice my opinion and give advice and all that, but it's ridiculous what some intend to stir up here. You have to pick what you want to read. My parenting choices are my own, and I will help others, not try to change their minds because it's NOT my life.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 2:10 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Are you asking questions that, by their nature, incite emotional reactions? I have asked only a couple of questions that reatly got some strong responses. The thing is that I ask to generate responses so I can see how people are feeling about a topic. If the anons want to be mean, whatever. It's not like these people are significate others in my life who I depend on for love and support. Mean people are going to be mean no matter what the forum.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:59 PM on May. 11, 2009