Would you attend a church that seems to attract an extra amount of lightning?

One of our local churches has been hit by lightning 15 times over the last year (says the news) and has been on fire besides twice... Over half the congregation has left. They interviewed a few of them on the news and they all said they though it was a "sign from God" that the church was not okay with him... So they all left and started going to other churches...

What about you? What would you do?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:57 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm sure it has somehting to do with the architecture of the church. Lots of buildings are struck by lightning each year and hold up fine because they're grounded. Maybe they could just ground the church?

I might attend but it all depends on the doctrine.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:58 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would probably feel like the people that left..hit by lightining 15 times!!! I would not feel comfortable there and would also feel like God is sending a msg.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:59 PM on May. 11, 2009

• yeah 15 times is a lot. I think if you didn't get the message the first few times, there might just be a problem. : )
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 1:16 PM on May. 11, 2009

• sure why not lol
    livingangle

Answer by livingangle at 1:19 PM on May. 11, 2009

• 15 times?? Holy cow!! Yeah, I think I'd move on. I don't know if it would be sign from God or not but I would definitely deem the place as unsafe. LOL.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 1:49 PM on May. 11, 2009

• LOL It can mean two things God is not alright with Him or He is saying let me in :-) Sorry I couldnt help but laugh.
    ( I NEED to laugh so dont get on my case, losing a dog isnt easy and your family forgetting it was Mothers Day isnt easy either all in one weekend)
    I personally would not put myself in danger like that unless God was going to use me to be a catalyst to get the church back on track or whateever He has planned.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:36 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would not say it was the buildings fault but the people leading it so no matter where they went I would not join their congregation. There is obviously something going on that I want no part in. God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 2:41 PM on May. 11, 2009

• OH NO shaneagle, I am sorry about your dog.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:00 PM on May. 11, 2009

• wow.. if I were christian, I would probably go to another church out of wanting a more safe place. I wouldn't want to put my child in danger of another fire or worse....
    I wouldn't think it was a sign from God.. but definitely a sign that the building isn't up to code and needs to be check out.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:23 PM on May. 11, 2009

• If the church is the tallest building in the area then it isn't surprising that it gets so many lightning strikes.

In the UK all churches have lightning rods to attract and ground the strikes so they don't cause any damage.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:39 PM on May. 11, 2009