it seems like no one likes their kids!

when i was reading the "what did you get for mothers day" questions or "what did you want for mothers day" i say soooooo many answers like "a day away from the kids". Now maybe its because my baby is 7 1/2 months old but i love being around my baby and seriously have panic attacks when hes away. I hope i dont get like this and dred my children. Is it cuz their in thier terrible 2s? Does every mom turn out like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You don't have to dread your kids to want a minute away from them I didn't want my daughter out of my sight for a second at 7 months but kids get older and you will want time away from them just like they will want time away from you it happens.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:03 PM on May. 11, 2009

• As a stay at home mom of a 2 year ols and 3 month old I would love just an hour of ME time.. So my husband lets me go get my hair done lol :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:05 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i love my son! i was happy just getting a smile and a poopy diaper for mothers day!
    abbyl2490

Answer by abbyl2490 at 1:06 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Well i love being with my kids all the time but my hubby he doesn't get to do a whole lot and when he is here he just works around the house and i just need a me time cause really i don't wanna chase down my child every 5 mins in a store
    Anonymous

• I love being with my kids. I homeschool them also, I want to be with them 24/7 just because they are so awesome to be with. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:08 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I love my two children, but I also love a little "me" time. For mothers day, DH took DS to the park, while I cooked my mother's day meal and get a little cleaning done. This was perfect! DS got to run and play while I got a lot of cleaning done without the extra "help". LOL! My DS is 2.5 and my DD is 10 weeks old, so anytime DS can run wild without having to "watch out for the baby" is a good thing for him. I think a lot of mothers, me included, just get a little overwhelmed and would like to have a break every now and then. Not all the time, and not for long periods, but just a moment where you can drink a cup of tea or get the bathroom santized.
    Allegra360

Answer by Allegra360 at 1:09 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I adore my kids. ADORE THEM. But having a 4yo and 2yo is WAY different than having one child at 7 months. Doesn't mean I love my kids if I want an afternoon of me-time, it just means I am more frazzled. Don't worry, you'll get there =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:11 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I spent the whole day with my kids - eventhough DH offered for me to go shopping alone - I said no because without my kids I wouldnt have anything to celebrate on Mother's Day
    Anonymous

• I love my daughter. She is my reason for being. But I spend all day every day with her. And I would love some "me time". :) It has nothing to do with how I feel about her or my husband. We can be apart a little bit and that's okay.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 1:12 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I am saddened by the amount of women on here say so many negative things about their kids. They feel entitled to gifts on Mother's Day and act like small children when they get nothing. Frankly if many moms on here were my mom I would not give them anything. My husband and child love me and willingly gave me a great day. I said all I wanted was a weekend of fun with my boys. We had one. They surprised me with some wonderful gifts they wanted to buy for me because I am not a martyrs who whines daily about my life.

Grow up mommas. I don't want my kid surrounded by whiny and entitled brats. If you behave this way that is what you will put out in the world.
    Anonymous