teeth

How many teeths does your toddler have. My son is 17 months old and has 8 teeth (4 on top and 4 on the bottom) but there are some that are coming in but have not broken thought yet. My mil told me that my son should have more teeth but now because every child she knows at his age has more teeth and we should ask the dr. Well when we were at the dr's last he told us that he is alittle late on getting his teeth because of him being born early and it's fine what teeth he has and will get more later on. So I just wanted to see how your toddler has.

LoriAnn87

Asked by LoriAnn87 at 1:08 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They will come in when they are ready!! Dont worry!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:34 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i dont remember how many my kids had i would have to look it up in their baby books but the little girl i watch is 14 months old and has 4 so your son should be fine, if the doc says he's fine then ....... remember all babies develop differently
    STRAWBERRYRAIN

Answer by STRAWBERRYRAIN at 1:38 PM on May. 11, 2009

• With my both sons they got theirs first 10 teeth in a year and now my dd is 18 months old and she have 14 teeth and 2 coming soon,but she had her's 8 teeth coming by time she was 1 y.old..Dont worry he will his soon,some babies get them later
    alee72

Answer by alee72 at 2:21 PM on May. 11, 2009

• He's fine! I really, really hate the "every child I know has..." type people. Especially when it's a MIL.

Your's is probably working on his first molars - which come in sometime after the 1st birthday. Then he'll get the canine teeth. Then the 2nd molars - which come in sometime after the 2nd birthday.

Go ahead and ask your doctor at his next check up - he'll tell you the same thing. Or simply save yourself the hassle and tell your MIL that you did check with his doctor and that she is wrong.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:38 PM on May. 11, 2009