Do you think cats should have been a monkey or a chicken?

I mean when my cat is afraid she runs and hides (I am sure mine is not the only one) and when she wants to be playful she jumps up and down and all around just like a monkey...lol

I tell her I should have named her chicken or monkey she is so silly. she is such a scaredy cat though she'll run and hide for forever until she feels it is safe to come back out I don't like when she does that I have had her for 5 years now you would think she would have been used to her environment. She has never been outside everysince I have had her as a kitten so this is the only world she knows. I keep her safe and inside all of the time. She hasn't even been to the vet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pets

• I know what you mean!! I inherited the cat we gave our son for Christmas... 1st cat I've ever had.... he's the most hilarious animal. Between the back flips, literally jumping straight up and down (like he's on some invisible trampoline) to running as fast as he can from one room to the next only to stop finally in mid-stride and just lay down like he wasn't doing anything at all, to swatting the Chihuahua when she won't play.... he keeps me in stitches. (Then there's the 2AM foot-attack that no one looks forward too). Love him to pieces though.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:35 PM on May. 11, 2009

• ??? What are you snorting this morning? :) I suppose, to answer your Q- neither. She isn't derived from either of those genus, she's a cat! And lots of cats are like that.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 1:30 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Your kitty sounds like a perfectl;y normal. happy, active kitty. However at 5 you really ought to take her to the vet for a medical check-up, dental check and her shots. At her age dental problems may start to surface. You might inquire about spaying, too. An accidental first pregnancy at 5 yrs old could be dangerous. (There is always the silght possibility she could get out when she is in heat, they are slippery little devils when the hormones attack!)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:09 PM on May. 11, 2009