Any moms who perform with bands?

I am curious to know if there are any moms who are musicians/singers who perform with a live band. I am in the process of being offered the lead singer position in a Christan band and I'm a little worried how I'm going to make it work. I would love to hear others stories if there out there.

ceciandrew

Asked by ceciandrew at 1:21 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• this doesnt quite count, but I played with bands before I was pregnant. I played percussion. I was also often participated in open mics and played my guitar, or joined someone on stage to play the djembe. this is how many local musicians wanted me to join them onstage for a song or two! those days seem to be over, but friends I keep in touch with always ask me to play a song when they are over or if a guitar is in the same room!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:25 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Hello:

I play bass clarinet or clarinet in Clarksburg CA in our 4th of July parade, only with a switch. We sit and play under the shade trees while the rest of the parade passes by. It is a small town, and we sort of have role reversal with the other marching units and floats.

But everyone seems to enjoy the whole thing, and I certainly appreciate this current arrangement, because I am 70 years old and ..."don't get around much anymore."
    Glenda504

Answer by Glenda504 at 10:42 PM on May. 11, 2009