I have medi-cal, but my PCP is still the OB gyn i used with my son. I need a mammogram and/or Drs advice.

I have to go see a DR like asap, I have a lump- that just appeared, but doesnt seem like a typical cancer lump- any possibility of a fat collection?
Where can I go to see a Dr (for free or VERY cheap) before waiting for my PCP to change? I have to go today or tmrw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Health

• Is it jelly like or does it feel like you have gravel underneath your skin?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:41 PM on May. 11, 2009

• you can go to your local health department
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:42 PM on May. 11, 2009

• kinda like in between jelly and gravel, it also like moves too, like could be higher and towards the right side, then other times its lower and towards my nipple
    Anonymous

• what my obgyn told me that if it is a cancerous lump it would feel like you have a rock under your skin. if it is a fatty tissue then it would be slightly hard jelly. but i would go to your local health department or hospital (if you have to) and ask to have a referral to get a mammogram. they won't take you unless you have a referral.

good luck and take a deep breath. don't worry about anything unless the pictures show something to worry about. and hey at least you caught it. and there are many medical advances out there to help you.

praying for you and your family and fingers crossed that it is a fatty tissue....
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:53 PM on May. 11, 2009

• until you get to a doctors office drink a lot of water. if it is a fatty tissue sometimes drinking plenty of fluids will minimize the swelling of the fat. SOMETIMES so don't freak out if it doesn' t go away.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:54 PM on May. 11, 2009

• 2wndrfl_btrflys - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!! I WILL DO! I think it is just a fat deposit or something
    Anonymous

• Your local health department.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:51 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Now you have a great reason to contact your two senators and your member of congress and tell them that you support single payer universal health care! If you do not know how to contact these people, go to this webiste: http://clerkkids.house.gov/congress/members/index.html

Answer by rkoloms at 7:30 AM on May. 12, 2009