What do you think? For breastfeeding mothers?

Do you think it would be safe to diet and still be able to nures? I'm thinking about weightwatcher? It worked for me be for and I won't to be health for my little boy.
Pleas tell me what you think and your expirens.

jm103103

Asked by jm103103 at 1:42 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• sorry I have no experience with diets while breastfeeding. I would think weight watchers is ok since its mainly a method to watch what you eat, and the food is healthy! if its more than buying the food at the store, but you will be meeting with a representative/nutritionalist, let them know you are nursing and need the extra calories to do so! I'm sure they will be prepared with a diet plan for you!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:45 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would ask a doctor, cuz half the people on here are crazy. they will take your question and turn it into you killing your child by diet. These people on here, not all of them, I wouldn't believe. But you do what you think is right, and again just ask a doctor before you do anything. : )
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 1:45 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I did Jenny Craig while I was still breastfeeding (they make you wait until the baby is at least 6 weeks so that your milk flow is established) and did just fine. I was eating far healthier than I was on my own and it ended up that I wasn't consuming enough calories to loose weight prior to going on Jenny. I actually had to increase my calorie intake by about 600 calories a day...and then I finally started losing weight. Crazy, right? I guess my body was in starvation mode and was keeping all the fat for the breastmilk. =) I think its safe as long as they have a specific plan for breastfeeding mothers. It was also very nice because all the food is pre-made and microwaveable....so convenient when you're a busy new mom!!! Good Luck!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:46 PM on May. 11, 2009

• responding to angie409: yes you need 600 extra calories when you breastfeed! very cool that jenny craig waits till the baby is at least 6 weeks old!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:33 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Weight Watchers has a breastfeeding moms diet. You get plenty to eat and it is extremely healthy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:29 PM on May. 11, 2009