what do i do about him throwing himself backwards

Ok so my son is 13months and has this little what i would call attitude were if he does not get his way he cries for a few and if that doesnt work he basically has a melt down and plops on his butt then if that gets no attention he flings himself backwards on any surface anywhere. Plus if gets hit by another kid he just cries but if i spank his but(lightly) he turns around and hits me! what can i do to help remedy this

Quintensmom

Asked by Quintensmom at 1:45 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just ignore it and remind him of the spiders on the floor. Really my daughter got staph inf. from laying on the floor!
    Anonymous

• Don't let him hit you. If he does then you put him in time out. As for throwing himself, let him do it, he will eventually see it hurts and will stop. Make sure he is not going to hurt himself and just ignore him. He wants the attention and your giving it to him trying to correct his behavior so ignore it. If he hits you then grab his hand and tell him no you do not hit mommy and put him in his crib or high chair until he is calm.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:49 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Im sorry i dont know what you can do. I used to have a temper when i was young and i would hit my head on anything and hard if i was outside i would hit the side of the house. It was like i couldnt feel how it would hurt.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:53 PM on May. 11, 2009

• he is too young to ignore it maybe put him in the crib where he cannot hurt himself.
    Anonymous