How soon should I start to show in pregnancy?

I am 9 weeks and I was just wondering how long it would be until I start to show?

hopebabe15

Asked by hopebabe15 at 1:50 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm assuming this is your first one, so depending on your current weight (the more slender you were before the pregnancy the sooner you'll have baby bumbage) I'd expect to start showing between months 4-6. I'm currently pregnant with my second, and i'm already showing at barely 4 months but that's because the body 'remembers' being pregnant and starts going through the motions.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 1:53 PM on May. 11, 2009

• This is my first and i was wondering the same thing when i first found out. I didnt start to show till i was about 6 months. Im only 7 months now but when i started to show i got big fast. It depends on peoples body type. Thinner people tend to show sooner then those that are heavier. I was very thin before i got pregnant and it still took a while to start to show. Byt every woman is different. you could show super early. there isnt relly a way to tell but i would say average 5 months. Congrats and good luck!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:57 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I was about 5 months when it was first noticeable
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 2:12 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Everyone is different. With my first, I honestly forget how far along I was, but by the end I was pretty big.

With my second I had a bit of a bump by about oh... 25 weeks or so.

Now that I am having my 3rd, it was QUITE apparent I was pregnant by 12 weeks and now that I'm 23 weeks, I look a lot further along than I am. :)
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 2:14 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It depends. With my first daughter, I felt like I showed the second someone told me I was pregnant! Everything was too tight, everything tugged and hugged the wrong places, lol. With this baby, I'm at 18 weeks and my every day clothes still fit. It's getting a little bit tougher to get my jeans to be comfortable all day, but I can wear them. It depends on your body, how the baby is laying, etc etc.
    LiviGracesmom

Answer by LiviGracesmom at 6:11 PM on May. 11, 2009