How long did you wait after an early miscarriage to TTC again?

I just had an earl m/c. I should have been about 5 weeks but the hormone levels were quite low and the u/s didn't reveal anything but fluid. I have a docs appointment on Wed. where I'm expecting to be told to wait until I have a period. I think I can manage that, but it will be tough. If I hadn't taken a test, I would have assumed it was a late period and carried on with TTC. They are checking my blood until my hormone levels are at 0-5, but is there really anything that physically needs to heal since there wasn't even a gestational sack?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a MC at 6 weeks 2 days on May 3. My OBGYN told me to wait 1 cycle before we could physically try again to make sure all the hormones were out of my system. Emotionally and mentally we can try whenever we feel like we can.
    Avetay

Answer by Avetay at 3:34 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Just because the sack is gone doesn't mean things didn't change. They usually tell you to wait a month or more to avoid the risk of another miscarriage. Your body needs time to heal no matter how far along you were. The hormone levels need to be right before as well because if they are off it will be harder to conceive. So wait until you get your next period in June and then go from there unless the doctor said something else.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:57 PM on May. 11, 2009

• They are testing my hormones until they are all the way back down. Can I try when that happens?
    Anonymous

• I STARTED RIGHT AFTER THE BLEEDING STOPPED. SO MAYBE A WEEK AFTER MY M/C I STARTED TTC AGAIN, BUT IT DIDNT HAPPEN TILL 3MONTHS LATER
    mommy19741974

Answer by mommy19741974 at 5:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My first m/c was back in Sept at 6 weeks and I was told to wait 3 months. We waited one cycle. I had another early m/c as of April 1st..still waiting on my period but we will continue to try. I think as long as you didn't have a d&c and you passed everything I would wait one cycle and then try again. Good luck
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 5:20 PM on May. 11, 2009