Do you like so far the pediatrician you've chosen for your baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. I interviewed three peds before I found him and I LOVE him. He's incredibly supportive of all our parenting decisions, no matter how nonomainstream, and allows ME to make decisions for my family. The first couple peds I interviewed were not quite so open to letting me parent my own child as I see fit.

jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 2:27 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes, he is a very sweet older man. I found the women are a little rough and a little harsh with my daughter. He is a little slow and usually late but my daughter loves him and is excited to see him when we go.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:11 PM on May. 11, 2009

• yes kinda. she is very laid back, and if she's unfamiliar with something she calls specialists, which I prefer over leaving the situation out in the open or guessing wrong. one thing I dont like too much though is she focuses too much on the "charts". and when my son was having a weight issue she went right to the formula options instead of enouraging me to pump more, or refer me to the LLL. but she likes how I'm a natural mama!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:13 PM on May. 11, 2009

• We go to a group, but typically see the same doctor for well visits. We love him. He has two young children and his wife breastfeeds (like me), so he is up to speed on some things that other doctors aren't. I wish he were a bit more up on car seat issues, but I can overlook that since I can do my research in that area.
    MamaJAG

Answer by MamaJAG at 2:14 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes so far I do like her. I actually just started going to her since I was taking her to a family doctor and he really didn't know shit.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:29 PM on May. 11, 2009

• LOVE him. Even my daughter loves going to see "Dr. D" and is convinced he can make any big owie (like earaches) all better.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:43 PM on May. 11, 2009

• yes if i didnt i would not go to him
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:44 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes. He doesn't say stupid things like, "she's allergic to your BM." "she's so tiny because of your BM" blah blah blah. He listens to me, is not condescending, and genuinely seems to care.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:25 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I'm very happy with my kids doctor ... He's been there since the day both my kids where born. The one thing I really like about him is the fact that he doesn't talk like a doctor, but in away you can really understand what he is saying. My kids really like him too, and thats a big plus!
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 3:30 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Yip. If I didn't, I'd find another doc! :)
    Anonymous