Can i join a dance group being 25 weeks pregnant?

i love dancing and always wanted to learn to dance all types of music ..and there is a samba class coming up can i join?

Xiomie

Asked by Xiomie at 2:17 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, just watch the turns and things so you don't pull any muscles. Drink lots of water and rest when you need to. Speak with your doctor if your high risk or anything. Its a great way to keep you in shape and prepare your body for an easy labor.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:19 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My Dr said it was fine!! I was a professional cheerleader when i found out I was pregnant, so I had to quit! But I was active before I got pregnant and I am 20 weeks right now, and I dance all the time! We are actually choreographing our reception dance these next few weeks, so do it girl! Its soo much fun! Just like they said, if you ran before u were pregnant u can continue on, so as long as you were active! and make sure you have plenty of water handy and sit down if you get tired!!!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 2:20 PM on May. 11, 2009

• shouldnt be a problem as long as you arent high risk! make sure you speak to the instructors so they know you are pregnant and may not be able to do certain moves. if they advise you not to join the class, maybe they can refer you to a "safer" dance class!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:21 PM on May. 11, 2009

• You should be fine. there are people that run till they are going into the labor room. As long as you dont get to tired. Make sure you drink water and sit down when needed! you dont want to be gasping for air. But have fun just because your pregnant dosnt mean that you cant have a life and live it up before your little one gets here.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:23 PM on May. 11, 2009

• yea you should be able to join..as long as you feel comfortable doing it ....dont over work yourself
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:57 PM on May. 11, 2009

• just get your doctors approval first and watch your step :)
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 3:18 PM on May. 11, 2009