Honest Help, i have a Racist neighbor who is sending annonymous letters

I dont know wht to do, i dont know whom it can be, i dont associate much with my neighbors, i live a busy life but the letters are mailed and dropped off at my mail boxs, and my cameras where off yesterday when they dropped off another letter.. i am caucasian my husband is hispanic both born here in the us, but the letter calls us racial names and to return to our country, and they know how we live and that we have children, someone is watching, what do i do, id like to move?? cant but police say unless there are death threats cant do anything.. Thanks live in socal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Get them on camera if you can and you can make a report so its on record. If they are not threatening you then copy the letters and send them to the rest of the neighborhood to make everyone aware of what is going on. Don't let them bully you, be proud of who you are, who your husband is and your children. If they begin to threaten you turn it over to the police.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:26 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. That is scary! If I was you I would get it on camera and make a report about it so if God forbid the letters do become more threatening, at least you will already know who is writing them and all the police will have to do is go arrest them.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:33 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i am being watched by neighbor.army man called and spilled the beans.any way.i would sit ther e all fricken day and see who doing it.eventually you will be able to figure out who it is.i will asume it is a neighbor or someone who lives close by.my daughter and her boyfriend lives in boston in a hispanic part of boston.her boyfriend is from columbia.she says she does get nervous and dirty looks.i asked her if if she wanted to borrow my shepherd for a couple of days.she just says she acts as if it doesnt bother her and tries to act friendly to everyone.but she to is scared.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 3:53 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Make sure to keep those cameras on. If you can find out who is doing it there has to be *something* the police can do. This is harassment.

So, keep your cameras on and find out whose doing it and then you ought to be able to get something done about it.

Also--are they leaving them *by* your mailbox or *in* your mailbox? Since the anthrax incident it became illegal for people to open or leave things in your mailbox...Which is why you'll find flyers for resteraunts tucked into the flag of your mailbox now, lol.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 9:14 PM on May. 11, 2009